Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Sound of Rain

More tired than anyone has the right to be.  

Had to go get gas on the way home or I'd never make it to the place I have to be in the morning.  As I stood there under the shelter putting gas in my car, the sound of tires on the road pushing through the rain was all around me.  Louder than anything else around.  

Some man asked me what I did to my toe....it has a nice sized bandage on it and I still can't wear shoes that will rub on it.  I get this from my dad's side of the family....I'm queen of the weird accidents.  This time.....well I ended up with a weird and icky cut on my toe that is taking it's time getting better. 

Saw Joel yesterday from training last week at another training we went to.  Something tells me I look just like him.  He looked exhausted....like he was sleeping and walking at the same time.  We stopped and asked how the other one was and both said....exhausted.  

Friday is tomorrow.  Dinner and maybe a movie with my group.  We haven't gotten together all summer.  Crazy two months.  I was the one pushing for the late movie after dinner but yeah, I think I'd be the first one asleep in the theater.....especially after champagne and our favorite restaurant.  

Why must some companies make you sign for a delivery? No, I'm not home in the middle of the day and I won't be tomorrow either when you try to redeliver my package. I didn't NEED it but I wanted it.  It was my treat to me.  

Animal Kingdom this week......better than last week.  Everyone is getting sad because there are only three (I think) more episodes left in the season.  Why we all binge watch between seasons. 

Looks like Labor Day plans are falling into place.  

Birthday trip to LA is a planned thing.  

Trying to make a decision about Thanksgiving......road trip to Minneapolis, my usual of South Carolina with my friends like family there, or there is always Hawaii with my friends there.  

Still trying to figure out Christmas.  I need a warm body for that one and I haven't found the right one yet.  Yes, it does involve travel of course.

Do I stay home ever?  No

April is planned though. June is planned and someone does want to go back to Hawaii with me but someone new.  

Sucks not having family to do holiday stuff with still but I'm getting some new traditions with friends that are like family.  

The sound of rain....heard it a lot this week and it keeps me away from the pool and the warm sun is not around but that rain......soothing somehow.  Soothing to walk in, soothing to listen to all day long, but never fun to drive in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment