Sunday, June 24, 2018

Why? Change?

The past is a funny thing.  Yesterday Marilyn & Michelle & I had one of our girl nights out.  They agreed to go hear Elijah's new band with me.  First we went to The Vortex and Michelle had already had four shot, shot, shots before I got there.  :)

Took forever but finally we got in and got to eat.  No one had eaten since breakfast so we were starving.  Then we left for the bar we were going to that Elijah was playing in.  Couldn't find it at first.  GPS isn't always that great.  I'm not sure what happened with the neighborhood since last time I hung out down there but it was crazy and busy like I'd never seen.  We were lucky to find a park.  Then we had to find the place.  I have no idea after last night what the name of the bar was that we were in last time I was down there but it wasn't The Earl even though I thought it was.  It wasn't 529 either cause I checked it out.  Still didn't find The Graveyard Tavern but I forgot to look.  The only thing I can think is that maybe it was The Drunken Unicorn? So annoying. 

You can't go back seems to always be the theme.  Last time I was down there I was with Kevin and Angel and what an interesting night that was. Elijah was with his old band.  Now he has this new band and he's been writing all this new music the past four years.  Different kind of music for sure.  He's me in some ways.  He did what I was trying to do a little bit by walking away and ending up in Nashville.  But gone are the experiences in the songs he used to write.  All his songs are where he has been the past four years and where he still is.  People change because of what they go through.  You might hate it but it happens.  You might think the whole time that nothing with ever change but that is really unrealistic.  Things change.  I'd go back eight years if I could and enjoy it more if I only knew what it would end up like. 

So, the three of us go inside and park it on three stools at the bar.  Hot bartender I might add.....lots of tats.  :)
He made my drink I made up now since I don't do sugar anymore really good. Got me talking about how crazy it is that things are the way they are and they can't change ever because I'll never get to have that conversation with the person I need to.  Not that I'd get answers anyway from someone who lying was what they did mostly.  And I still ask the questions.....am I ever going to stop hating because of it and do you ever move on and get back to the person who believed and trusted? General agreement over drinks was it is going to take a very long time if it ever does happen.  That's the way it is when your whole life was one of denial, not seeing, and the emotional ups and downs.  The damage it did.  The problems it has caused with others. The things it makes you think that are all because of this one thing. You don't get second chances sometimes but then maybe....someday....you do.  

One week from today I will be in Venice, California.  :)
Walking the canals, enjoying the beach, and In N Out Burger (LOL). Then the next morning I leave for Maui and this time I have someone going with me to my place.  Relaxation and destress the past four-five months I hope.  We already had that talk.  Let me do what I want to do while I'm there.  We both need to totally relax all the time and get along.  Don't think you're telling me what to do at all.  I do what I want when I'm there and all the time pretty much.  You don't have to do what I do.  No complaining.....LOL.  Seriously.  Do what relaxes you and I'll do what relaxes me.  We're not going to be glued together.  Tough shit if you don't think my place is perfection because I do and you can't make me think any differently.  I'll say it again.....no complaining.  And you better turn off your phone at night too cause the first time it rings and wakes me up in the middle of the night because of the time change is when it takes a swan dive off the lanai into whichever pool it reaches when I throw it as far as I can. After April there, it just has to be better this time.  It needs to be normal this time. Yes, there are RULES! LOL

Then back to LA.....Burbank this time with my family that isn't related.....Brian, Jen, and the girls.  Can't wait for some time with them.  

So much to do this week.  Got to get finished before leaving I hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment