Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Best Laid Plans

Well, all those little darlings that kept coming every day and getting sent home or came back before they were well gave me their ick.  I might as well get the complaining over now.  Tried to go to the Urgent Care today but it was closed but it is open tomorrow on Christmas Eve.  Weird.  Tired of catering to these people who act like they think we are babysitters who don't know what we're doing, can't even be considered as a profession, lie because you think we're the only person in the situation who would LIE, think they know how our job works, thinks we only have their little darling to do anything for or about, and our time means nothing.  We're there to do whatever they want at any time of day or night.  WRONG......

So, I missed what I consider my family Christmas with the S family today.  :(  I feel better so hopefully tomorrow I'll make it to my friend Christmas get together.  

Flash to Christmas Vacation.......I slept a little too long the other night and the turkey probably cooked a little longer than needed.  Reminded me of when they cut the turkey open in Christmas Vacation and it sighed and then fell apart and there really was no meat.  Mine wasn't that bad but it did sigh when I cut it open.  It tasted great though. 


I've slept trying to sleep this ick off a lot today.  Then there was all the MASH Christmas shows on TV.  MASH will always be a favorite show of mine.  Can't watch it enough. Watching John Wick now and trying to get some stuff done I said I would do before Christmas.  John Wick is a favorite movie.  


I need to pack.  Mostly, I need to feel like doing everything this vaca involves.  It isn't a sit by the pool all day vaca at all.  Requires a lot of walking and physical activity. I have to be up for that. At least I'm going somewhere with temps in the 80's and some 70's. 


Being sick messes with your mind a little.  Today I kept thinking about the one person who would come take care of me at one time.  I don't get the discrepancies still to this day.  I never will.  You know what.....I'll never get the discrepancies at all with people.  How they're one way one minute and another way the next.  My mind needs to stop going to a place I don't want it to go but really shouldn't everyone know why?? 


We had a lot of excitement two nights ago in this little town I call home.  Most I've ever seen.  Craziness but I have to give it to our police every time.  They've got it going on.  Spike strips down to stop this guy running from the cops in two other counties then one police officer used a pit maneuver to spin the guy's car around to end up against the curb at the Chick fil a.  He gets out of his car with a rifle and six of our police open fire and take him down but they didn't shoot to kill.  No one hurt but him and he's in the hospital.  All because he had a warrant out on him and he ran from a traffic stop two counties over.  

Ending this.....all I really want to do is go sit in a hot hot hot bath with good smelling water and have someone sit behind me and rub my shoulders, neck and head and maybe, just maybe, this headache would go away and my neck and shoulders would stop hurting too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment