People are having a little bit of a freak out about that song.....I Fell In Love With The Devil. Listen to it and you get it. If you don't, then you've never met and fallen in love with the wrong person. That's what it is about and nothing more.
Get ready for the random.....
Just got back from three weeks in Cali and then Maui then back to Cali to come home.
Cali wasn't what had been planned. Almost so much so that I wish I hadn't of stayed there the first three days. Then K came and we spent the day at the Venice Canals and then walked to Venice Beach and hung out there. In N Out Burger of course.
Next morning early.....flew to Maui. First week in the villas. Got upgraded to ocean front. 4th of July there was fun. Then braved the heat and the crowds for fireworks on Front Street in Lahaina. Once was enough. Don't need to do that again. Second week in the resort. Westin of course. Stayed in the beach tower this year and wow....only complaint was you couldn't see the sunset from the lanai but the room and the lanai was really a wow. Already booked my time in the Nanea Villas for next year.
Best day on Maui this year was when we rented a car. Started out in the Iao Valley and that place was one of those places you go to and you feel it spiritually. It is a special place maybe because of all of the history there and what took place there and a mixture of the beauty. It was all cloudy and I love clouds in the mountains. The stream and waterfall were not swimmable. Too much water pouring due to rain I guess. Then it started to really rain and we could have left but it was like being cleansed there by the rain so we kept going and hiking. I was absolutely soaked but everyone else was just slightly wet. Weird. I'll never forget the time we spent there.
Drove to Ho'okipa Beach. Crossed the barriers and the sign that said Do Not Enter just like everyone else and hiked along all the lava rock that had made beautiful in and out arms reaching into the ocean and created some tide pools. Watched the waves crash up on them and over them and sat there and looked at the beauty of it all while having that breeze feel like it was blowing away all the bad so you were free. Then tried our best to find Jaws....the beach with the biggest waves for surfers in the world but just couldn't. Even stopped and asked how to get to it. We knew the road you have to drive until it ends and then you hike down to the beach......3 mile hike round trip. We were willing but never found the road. So frustrating. Went back to Ho'okipa Beach to see the huge sea turtles that live there. Neatest thing ever. Then on to Big Beach which was gorgeous but still red flagged....no swimming and I wanted to swim so bad. Skipped Little Beach.....the nude beach. LOL Then went to Le Perouse Beach which is where the last lava flow from the volcano flowed down to the ocean. Very odd to drive down the little road with huge lava rocks all around you on both sides of the road. Such beauty the whole day.
Sad thing that on the way to the airport I saw the start of the fire on Maui. We had to stop and let the fire trucks go by and turn in to where it was. I think my flight was the last one to get to leave before they shut down the airport and evacuated it and Kihei. I got out but K spent the night on a pool float on the floor of the high school gym once they evacuated the airport. Took her two whole days to get home. Crazy. Always get an early flight out of Hawaii. Burned 10,000 acres before they got it under control.
I don't understand people. Symbolic that I bought a lock on a necklace. The thing I want the most is what I try to give. I know you care but I can't think that way. Self-preservation you see. That person can't exist anymore. But what I wouldn't give to say what I couldn't figure out I wanted to say then. So, I did the best thing for me and maybe one day I will get to say it but probably I won't. Actions seem to say this is affecting you but it has to be you and I think it won't be. One day it is going to be like all the others.....the ones I go days, weeks, and months without thinking about . It just isn't right now.
Here comes my chance to make things better....to start over and to get back to how I was and what I had before. I pray this new opportunity gets me there.
Everything seems to be falling into place anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment