It really feels like I'm never going to be through with going through all of the picture albums, getting the pictures I want to keep out, and putting them in their storage boxes I bought at The Container Store. I see I'm probably going to end up buying a whole lot more of those storage containers.
Why's this my job? Well there were two of us who would have done this. One could have cared less and that leaves me. I'm just now getting to the point where I realize I actually should and can throw a lot of these pictures away.....the ones that are too dark or blurry or of scenery that isn't that great and you don't know where it was taken. I have all the albums in a closet downstairs and just went to look at how many more were left to do and I promptly got very discouraged. I see myself buying who knows how many more of those picture boxes and spending many more hours getting the pics into the boxes.
During this process I have come across a whole lot of pictures of times and people I'd rather just not think about anymore. A lot of these pictures went in the trash. Makes you wonder why we bother taking all of these pictures when they aren't ending up anywhere but the trash or a storage box. Just sitting....and what will happen to them when I'm gone?? They'll all end up in the trash because there won't even be anyone left to get the pictures. We are all immortal and that means when we're gone and there is no one left who remembers us, all of our belongings won't go anywhere but the trash. Sad thoughts I guess. But what is even more sad is how many of those pictures I chose to throw away because I just don't what to remember those people or times anymore. The times were all lies and the people were mostly all liars or just people I don't know anymore and don't want to either.
No comments:
Post a Comment